Laser welders is the Perfect tool for Jewelers and Craftsman
Applications of laser welding in Jewellery repair:
- Weld strength: The laser weld is narrow with an excellent depth-to-width ratio. The weld joints created by the laser are approximately 70% stronger that traditional welds.
- Heat affected zone: The heat affected zone is limited, and due to rapid cooling, the surrounding material is not annealed. There is also no pollution to the environment. Parts have minimal deformity or shrink.
- Metals: All of the traditional jewellery metals can be laser-welded including all base metals, karat gold, sterling silver, titanium, palladium, and platinum. Lasers can also successfully repair and weld costume jewelry. Materials such as carbon steel, high strength steel, stainless steel, titanium, aluminium, and precious metals as well as dissimilar materials. Generally, any metal that can be welded using traditional methods is also able to be laser welded.
- Precision work: The small, tightly controlled laser beam permits accurate micro-welding of miniature components. Usually a microscope is attached to the laser welding machine for performing delicate and intricate Jewellery repair job.
- No contact: No physical contact between the material and laser head. It is safe for the technician. However, it is always recommended and important to wear laser protection glasses when operating any laser equipment.
- Scrap material: Laser welding is controllable and generates low volumes of scrap.
Feel free to contact us for a demonstration on applications of laser welding in Jewellery repair. We have on-site demonstration machines and technicians to give you a better understanding on how to use the machines.